I’ll admit, brownies made with black beans sounded pretty gross. But after hearing rave reviews, I decided to give the recipe a try. As it turns out, they weren’t half bad.
Bon apetit. (:
Black Bean Brownies
- 1 15 oz. can organic black beans, well rinsed & drained
- 1 organic banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup fresh-ground organic peanut butter
- 1/8 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup organic dark chocolate chips (1/2 melted; 1/2 whole)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- organic coconut oil spray
- optional toppings: chopped nuts, fruit, more chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a muffin tin with organic coconut oil spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except whole chocolate chips & toppings) into a mixing bowl. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Stir in remaining whole chocolate chips & pour batter into muffin tin. Sprinkle toppings over the top, if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let brownies sit for about ten minutes, then remove gently with a fork & enjoy! I served mine warm, topped with fresh strawberries. MMMMM. So good!
- Add peanut butter little by little or else you will end up with a giant peanut butter ball. I might or might not have learned this the hard way.
- If you melt the chocolate chips and/or coconut oil, allow them to cool before combining with other ingredients
Kim Karalekas http://www.kimkaralekas.com/