Over the years I’ve heard a lot of chatter about cauliflower rice but had yet to try it…until last night! Wasn’t quite sure what to expect – I’m somewhat skeptical about the “pretend one type of food is another type of food” recipes, but the cauliflower rice actually turned out to be quite tasty and also much easier to make than I had expected.
• 1 head cauliflower (I recommend from Whole Foods or a farmers market! Choose organic!)
• 1/4 cup Kerrygold unsalted butter
• Sea salt to taste
1. Cut the cauliflower head into florets, getting rid of the leaves and core. Wash florets and let dry completely.
2. Add florets to blender or food processor. I found it easiest to separate the florets into thirds and pulse until they are chopped into a rice-like texture. If the cauliflower turns into a mushy, watery state, you’ve gone too far!
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, then add the cauliflower rice. Cook for about 7 – 10 minutes or until it begins to get tender and turn a golden-brown color.
4. Season to taste, serve & enjoy!
What’s your favorite cauliflower recipe?