After a week-long vacation full of gluten, dairy, nuts & evil pineapple, it was time to reset. I’d been desperately craving (organic) veggies and quality meat – this meal hit the spot. (: Here’s an easy and delicious recipe – cauliflower with meat sauce!
• 1/2 cup Kerrygold unsalted butter
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
• ~ 3 cups cauliflower, chopped
• 1/2 lb ground beef (organic, grass-fed)
• ~ 2 cups, tomato sauce (I like this brand found at Whole Foods, no added sugar)
• spices to taste (salt, pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon, thyme, fennel, etc.)
1. In a large sauce pan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Sautee onions and garlic until translucent, set aside.
2. At the same time, cook ground beef in another sauce pan until meat is no longer red.
3. In the garlic/onion pan, melt the other 1/4 cup butter and cook chopped cauliflower until the cauliflower is golden brown and somewhat tender – this should take about 20 minutes.
4. Combine garlic/onion mix, cauliflower, ground beef and tomato in the large sauce pan, cooking for about 10 minutes.
5. Season to taste.