In my last several months of eliminating gluten, dairy, nuts (except pecans), eggs, sugars and pretty much everything (minus burgers), I’ve been getting creative. I never ate squash before this season but am so happy to have discovered it because I am loving it!
I usually make squash with Kerrygold and sea salt, but decided to try out a sweet squash recipe. This turned out really well and I’m excited to share it.
• 1 butternut squash cut into 1 inch cubes
• 2 tbsp olive oil, butter or coconut oil
• 1 tbsp coconut sugar
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Place butternut squash cubes in a glass Pyrex. Add oil/butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Toss to combine.
3. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until a fork can easily pierce one of the squash pieces.
4. Add the pecans about 10 minutes before you take the squash out of the oven – enough time to roast but not enough time to burn! (:
5. Serve immediately!
What’s your favorite squash recipe?