Another stop on the popsicle-making quest! Although these are just plain coconut-flavored, they might actually trump the coconut cantaloupe popsicles in terms of my favorite flavor. Here’s the recipe!
• Organic coconut milk (Full fat! Whatever brand you buy, look at the ingredient list to make sure there’s no added sugars.)
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• ¼ tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp gelatin (Make sure to get the kind in the green container (vs. red) or else the popsicles will have a weird consistency!)
• 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
2. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
2. Freeze, enjoy!
It usually takes a few hours for the popsicles to set. Leave the popsicles in the molds until you’re ready to eat. If you have trouble getting the popsicles out of the molds, you can either run them under warm water, wiggling gently on the handle, or simply let the popsicles sit on the counter for a minute or two. At this point, they will slide right out.