I was really hoping to use yuca in this recipe, but after two stores and no luck, I defaulted to sweet potatoes. Luckily, this dish still turned out to taste amazing. Enjoy!
• 3 sweet potatoes, peeled
• 1 tbsp avocado oil
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 2 medium carrots, peeled & chopped
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp sea salt
• 1/3 tbsp cumin
• 1/3 tbsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tbsp chili powder
1. Boil sweet potatoes for about 20 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
2. While sweet potatoes are boiling, heat the avocado oil and butter in a large pan, then saute the carrots and onion for about 7 – 10 minutes. Make sure the onions don’t burn!
3. Add the ground beef to the carrot/onion mixture and cook until meat is no longer pink. While the meat is cooking, add in all the spices.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are done (fork test!), drain potatoes, chop into bite-sized pieces and mix gently into carrot/onion/beef pan.
5. Serve immediately & enjoy!