The more I learn about nutrition, the less I can justify eating grains and sugar (cereal) over something like a veggie omelet with bacon for breakfast. Plus…veggie omelets and bacon are equally if not more tasty and satisfying, so I suppose the transition from cereal to omelets/bacon hasn’t been *too* terrible.
With that said, sometimes you (I) simply get a hankering for some good ol’ fashion cereal, so when I came across this recipe, it was as if the stars had aligned.
I usually pair this granola with coconut and/or almond milk and/or yogurt (Greek, full fat). MMMM.
Prep time: 15 mins
- 2 1/2 cups almonds (chopped or sliced)
- 1½ cup quinoa
- 1½ cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup of raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup raw honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients but the honey. Once combined, add in the honey.
3. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and distribute mixture evenly across sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove baking sheet from the oven and stir. Return to oven for 5 – 10 more minutes, then remove and allow to cool. (It’s important you give the granola time to cool – this is when the granola melds together into the little granola balls. Otherwise, you’ll simply end up with a bunch of toasted granola ingredients!)