After a solid week of sweet potatoes and bacon for breakfast, I needed to switch it up. This started out as breakfast, but also wound up being lunches for the week as well. (: Enjoy!
• 1/2 cup sorghum
• 1 1/2 cup bone broth
• 2 tbsp ghee
• Avocado oil
• 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
• 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
• 2 sausage links, cut into bite size pieces
• 3/4 cup sauerkraut
• 1/2 cup hemp hearts
• Sea salt to taste
1. Rinse sorghum thoroughly.
2. Combine sorghum, bone broth, ghee & sea salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until sorghum is tender, about 45 minutes.
3. In a large pan, heat avocado oil, then add onion, cooking until translucent and fragrant.
4. To the large pan, add the cabbage and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Set cabbage/onion aside and cook sausage in large pan until thoroughly cooked.
6. On a large plate, combine cabbage/onion & sausage, then top with sauerkraut, hemp hearts and sea salt.
7. Enjoy immediately!