- Fact: I love reading.
- Fact: I love owning books. I am a minimalist and do not like having STUFF. I don’t get excited about decorations, furniture or accessories. I do, however, get very excited about having books. (…and clothes, I will admit that).
- Fact: My attention span + ability to focus in at an all-time low. Probably has something to do with this multi-tasking / over-stimulated / fast-paced / techno. – fiended millennial generation I am part of (ugh!).
- Result: I have a sizable number of books that I have started to some degree…almost all waiting to be finished…
- Fact: I love love love sunshine and being outdoors. Maybe it’s because I spent 15 years in Oregon where most of the time the skies were gray. Oregon is an absolutely beautiful place, but for everything, there is a tradeoff. We had gray skies but beautiful scenery, huge trees, and green everywhere.
- There were a handful of summer months when there was sun; however, in high school and college I was either working, in school, and / or interning. …or practicing / at private lessons, rehearsal / string camp / etc. Freaking loved this stuff though. String camp was by far the highlight of my summers!
Anyway, I remember one summer I was inside and someone said something about the heat wave we were having. I remember thinking to myself: WTF? We’re in the middle of a heat-wave? Then I thought: How have I been so wrapped up in my work that I didn’t even know that was happening?
- Fact: I’m bad at relaxing. Like…really really really bad at it. However, I am working on it. It’s hard for me to clear my head and do something enjoyable when there are 5.7 million other things I have to get done. However…again with this whole work / life balance thing I’m trying to get into my head…I have been getting better at taking bits of time to not multi-task and to do something enjoyable + relaxing.
- Result: Pool time with a book! I am extremely lucky to have a beautiful pool at my complex. I am also lucky to have a few days each week that I can enjoy it during the daylight hours.
- Fact: Many people do things without thinking of the process about why they chose to do what they do. Acting without thinking. I suppose you can say many people think without thinking too. I guess that can also be called being brain-washed…or ignorant? Or Naïve? Or all of the above. Actually, let’s just call them ‘sheeple‘. More all-encompassing.