In my last post I mentioned my newfound love for squash, delicata being one of them! For the past month or so, I’ve simply been cooking it on the stovetop with butter and sea salt, but I decided to kick it up a level this weekend. Enjoy!
• 1 delicata squash
• 1/4 cup quinoa
• 1/4 cup grass-fed ground beef
• 1/4 cup veggie of choice (I used dandelion greens, but spinach, broccoli, even cabbage would taste great)
• 2 tbsp butter
• Olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 cup leek, chopped
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Wash the squash, cut it in 1/2 length-wise and scoop out the seeds. Brush inside of squash with olive oil and season with sea salt.
3. Place squash facing down on baking sheet and bake in oven for about 30 minutes or until you can easily pierce the skin with a fork.
4. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. I like to cook the quinoa in bone broth rather than water. (:
5. Sauté garlic in the butter. After 3 – 5 minutes add the leek for another 3 – 5 minutes or until translucent. Set aside.
6. Sauté green of choice (dandelion green, broccoli, spinach, etc.) in butter, set aside.
6. Place ground beef in same skillet as garlic/leek and sauté until brown.
7. In the pan with the ground beef, add the quinoa, greens, garlic and leek. Season with cinnamon and sea salt to taste.
8. Remove squash from oven and scoop ground beef mixture into squash.
9. Serve immediately!
What is your favorite delicata squash recipe?