So tasty and the whole thing took 30 mins from start to finish. Enjoy!!
• 1 lb shrimp
• 1 package pork sausage
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 1 bell pepper, chopped
• 1 zucchini, chopped
• 1 bok choy bundle, chopped
• Avocado oil
• Quinoa (~ 2 cups)
Ingredients – Pesto
• 1/2 cup walnuts
• 2 cups fresh basil
• lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• sea salt to taste
1. Cook shrimp & chopped sausage on stovetop, set aside.
2. Chop 1/2 onion, 1 bell pepper, 1 zucchini & 1 bok choy bundle & sauté in @chosenfoods avocado oil for about 10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, blend 1/2 cup walnuts, 2 cups fresh basil, lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 cup olive oil & pinch of sea salt until combined.
4. Add all ingredients to 1 large pan, add some quinoa, mix & serve immediately!
After a solid week of sweet potatoes and bacon for breakfast, I needed to switch it up. This started out as breakfast, but also wound up being lunches for the week as well. (: Enjoy!
• 1/2 cup sorghum
• 1 1/2 cup bone broth
• 2 tbsp ghee
• Avocado oil
• 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
• 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
• 2 sausage links, cut into bite size pieces
• 3/4 cup sauerkraut
• 1/2 cup hemp hearts
• Sea salt to taste
1. Rinse sorghum thoroughly.
2. Combine sorghum, bone broth, ghee & sea salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until sorghum is tender, about 45 minutes.
3. In a large pan, heat avocado oil, then add onion, cooking until translucent and fragrant.
4. To the large pan, add the cabbage and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Set cabbage/onion aside and cook sausage in large pan until thoroughly cooked.
6. On a large plate, combine cabbage/onion & sausage, then top with sauerkraut, hemp hearts and sea salt.
7. Enjoy immediately!
Sometimes all you need is a giant plate of sweet potatoes fries. Possibly one of the easiest recipes. Enjoy!
• 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
• 3 tbsp avocado oil
• Sea salt to taste
• Rosemary to taste (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and slice into 1/4″ wedges.
3. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, avocado oil, sea salt and rosemary.
4. Transfer sweet potatoes to a large glass baking pan, making sure to not overcrowd potatoes.
5. Bake until sweet potatoes are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
6. Serve immediately! I eat these with my favorite ketchup, the best ketchup in the world, Portlandia Ketchup. (:
I was really hoping to use yuca in this recipe, but after two stores and no luck, I defaulted to sweet potatoes. Luckily, this dish still turned out to taste amazing. Enjoy!
• 3 sweet potatoes, peeled
• 1 tbsp avocado oil
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 2 medium carrots, peeled & chopped
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp sea salt
• 1/3 tbsp cumin
• 1/3 tbsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tbsp chili powder
1. Boil sweet potatoes for about 20 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
2. While sweet potatoes are boiling, heat the avocado oil and butter in a large pan, then saute the carrots and onion for about 7 – 10 minutes. Make sure the onions don’t burn!
3. Add the ground beef to the carrot/onion mixture and cook until meat is no longer pink. While the meat is cooking, add in all the spices.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are done (fork test!), drain potatoes, chop into bite-sized pieces and mix gently into carrot/onion/beef pan.
5. Serve immediately & enjoy!