So tasty and the whole thing took 30 mins from start to finish. Enjoy!!
• 1 lb shrimp
• 1 package pork sausage
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 1 bell pepper, chopped
• 1 zucchini, chopped
• 1 bok choy bundle, chopped
• Avocado oil
• Quinoa (~ 2 cups)
Ingredients – Pesto
• 1/2 cup walnuts
• 2 cups fresh basil
• lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• sea salt to taste
1. Cook shrimp & chopped sausage on stovetop, set aside.
2. Chop 1/2 onion, 1 bell pepper, 1 zucchini & 1 bok choy bundle & sauté in @chosenfoods avocado oil for about 10 mins.
3. Meanwhile, blend 1/2 cup walnuts, 2 cups fresh basil, lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 cup olive oil & pinch of sea salt until combined.
4. Add all ingredients to 1 large pan, add some quinoa, mix & serve immediately!
After a solid week of sweet potatoes and bacon for breakfast, I needed to switch it up. This started out as breakfast, but also wound up being lunches for the week as well. (: Enjoy!
• 1/2 cup sorghum
• 1 1/2 cup bone broth
• 2 tbsp ghee
• Avocado oil
• 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
• 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
• 2 sausage links, cut into bite size pieces
• 3/4 cup sauerkraut
• 1/2 cup hemp hearts
• Sea salt to taste
1. Rinse sorghum thoroughly.
2. Combine sorghum, bone broth, ghee & sea salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until sorghum is tender, about 45 minutes.
3. In a large pan, heat avocado oil, then add onion, cooking until translucent and fragrant.
4. To the large pan, add the cabbage and cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Set cabbage/onion aside and cook sausage in large pan until thoroughly cooked.
6. On a large plate, combine cabbage/onion & sausage, then top with sauerkraut, hemp hearts and sea salt.
7. Enjoy immediately!
Inspired by a zucchini soup recipe shared from my friend, Amy. I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about zucchini in soup form…turns out I feel great about it. This soup was the bomb!
• 2 tbsp unsalted Kerrygold butter
• 2 tbsp avocado oil
• 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 5 medium zucchinis, chopped
• 1 cup bone broth
• 1 tbsp sea salt
• 1/4 cup collagen
• 1/8 cup hemp hearts
1. In a saucepan on medium heat, combine the butter and avocado oil. Once the butter begins to melt, stir in onion and garlic, mixing occasionally, until translucent and fragrant.
2. Add in the zucchini and cook for another 10 or so minutes. Then add the bone broth, sea salt & collagen, letting simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
3. Transfer everything into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. I use a Blendtec and it makes the most dreamy soup known to man. (:
4. Immediately transfer to a soup bowl, top with hemp hearts and enjoy!