This recipe is the result of a Thai food craving. While I love peanuts, they are currently on my black list and I also can’t handle spicy food so I got creative with this recipe. Pretty happy with how it turned out. Enjoy!
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 1 tsp curry powder
• 1 tsp ground basil
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp fresh ginger
• Sea salt to taste
• 4 garlic cloves
• 1 sweet onion
• 1 green bell pepper
• 3 tbsp unsalted butter
• Juice from 1 lime
• 6 tbsp Thai chili paste (I chose the most mild version…feel free to pick your poison (: )
• 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk
• 1/8 cup green onions, chopped
1. Heat a large pan on the stovetop, add ground turkey and spices. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Set aside.
2. In a blender, place onion, garlic, bell pepper and ginger. Pulse until chopped into small pieces. (I use a BlendTec and it’s a slice of heaven on earth.)
3. In the same large pan, melt the butter and saute the onion/garlic/pepper/ginger mixture until onions are translucent, about 5 – 6 minutes.
4. Add curry paste, lime juice and coconut milk. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 – 12 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken.
5. Add ground turkey and stir until turkey is completely mixed into the sauce.
6. Cook for another 5 minutes, top with fresh green onion and serve immediately over rice or quinoa.